Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Rewind to 1995

Rewind back to January 1995, I was 8 years old and making my first real quilt on a Singer Featherweight. My mom had bought the Featherweight at a flea market and was going to sell it in her quilt shop, but I begged and begged for her not to sell "my baby machine!" It was a very snowy January that year and my school was not open, so what else would an 8 year old do? My mom cut me a lot of 2 1/2" squares and I went to town sewing 9-patches on my baby machine. That's all it took......I was HOOKED on this thing called quilting! Now this was my first quilt that I made, I had made lots of other things sewing wise as all I knew was sewing and quilting.  My mother (Rose) and dad (Kenny) open their quilt store in December 1987, when I was almost 1.  Now I am 29 and have made close the 300 quilts, many purses and other sewing items.  I published my first pattern in 2006 called "Ride 'em Cowboy" and as of the end of December 2015 I published my 51st pattern!!  My first project was published to Moda's Back Shop in September of 2015 called Tumbling Mug Rug. There are other "free" patterns that I have written for my parents store.  I love fabric and can not ever seeing myself not working with fabric and quilting.    Well I think that is enough about me for now.

Until next time keep the sewing machine humming and the creativity flowing!

Megan


This is me, please feel free to e-mail me with any questions. 

My first project posted to Moda's Bake Shop!!

No comments:

Post a Comment