Focus Fabric – 1 ¼ yard
Backing Fabric – 1 ½ yard
Erasable Marking Pen (I used a Frixion Pen)
- Cut focus fabric 37” wide x 45” long. (You may also make these larger or smaller by adjusting the yardage.)
- Find the center widthwise and lengthwise of both pieces of fabric. I used a frixion pen to mark the centers in both directions.
- Baste two pieces together (wrong sides together) matching the center lines. I used spray glue (Textile Spray).
- Once the two pieces are basted together, trim backing to 2 – 2 ½” larger than the focus fabric. (My picture shows 3” but I did not want that wide of a binding on the front, but if you have enough fabric and would like binding that wide please feel free to make it wider.)
- Each of the 4 corners will now need to
be trimmed. Trim the backing
fabric only. Cut ¼” away from the focus
fabric at a 45° angle. Line the 45° line
on your ruler up with the cut edge of the backing fabric aligning the ¼” mark
at the tip of the focus fabric.
- Mark ¼” from the edge of the backing on all 4 sides. Press under ¼” on all 4 sides.
- CORNERS ONLY! Fold corners back putting backing to backing (right sides together) and stitch at ¼”.
- Now fold corner right side out, finger pressing the seam to one side. Lay the backing over top of the focus fabric. The edge of the focus fabric should be under all of the backing fabric that is pulled over.
- Stitch 1/8” from the folded edge using a straight stitch or a decorative stitch. * I did not use any batting, but you can highlight quilt around different motifs if desired.
- You are now finished with your receiving blanket! Wash and give to a special baby!!
1 Yard Panel
1 ½ yard Backing
Follow same instructions from above
Here is a PDF File to Print the Directions.