Thursday, June 9, 2022

Sisterhood Quilt Along with Kate and Tammy

Love helping other designers!

I was honored to be able to help some of my quilting friends with the Sisterhood Quilt Along.  Kate and Tammy created this pattern that has 30 amazing quilt blocks to help you build your skills.  Kate and Tammy named all the blocks after a special person in their lives.  The name Sisterhood signifies the women in their lives who have been an important and influential part of their lives.  

I was given block #16 Anne.  I choose not to use the same colors as Kate and Tammy rather I choose a dark background and two shades of teal for the block.  I choose these colors because the most influential woman in my life is my mother Rose.  She is a strong woman who likes dark colors, so I choose the dark background but then put my favorite color (teal) as the main color.  She is the one who taught me to quilt at a very young age of 9. She always told me to follow my dreams and that is exactly what I am doing.  Thank you mom for everything you have taught me and for being my biggest cheerleader!  


I will share with you one of my favorite rulers that I use all the time and works great for squaring up half-square triangles as well as the quarter square triangles in this block.  The BlocLoc rulers are amazing! Their rulers have a groove in the center that locks on your seams and make it so easy to square your blocks up.


I hope you enjoy this block and check out Kate's website for more info on the Sisterhood Pattern. Sisterhood Website


Keep on Stitchin'

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment